Top 5 Dating Websites
Why choose Zoosk?
Zoosk is easy to join and simple to use, with a clean website layout and user-friendly mobile app.
- Plenty of ways to find a match such as SmartPicks and Zoosk Carousel game
- Match algorithm that evolves according to your behavior to make more appropriate match suggestions
- Basic and advanced search filters
- Various communication options including chat and instant messenger
- Multiple verification modes for extra safety
Choose Zoosk to connect with someone special.
Why choose Match.com?
Match.com is the oldest and most well-known dating website. It’s got more users than any other single site and a huge number of search options.
- Advanced search functions and dating games like ‘Hot or not’
- ‘Incognito mode’ so you can view profiles without the person knowing
- Ways to communicate include instant messenger, inbox chat, and MatchPhone
- Match guarantee: If you don’t meet someone within 6 months, your next 6 months are free
Pick Match.com for the widest amount of choice.
Why choose OurTime?
OurTime is dedicated to singles over 50 and has a website that is super simple and easy to use. It has a lot of guidance and information for anyone new to the online dating world.
- Plenty of guidance for those new to online dating
- Advanced search options including search by religion, physical appearance, zodiac sign, and keyword search for hobbies and interests
- Communication options include private message, chat, and video chat
- In person events, so members can meet in real life
- Plenty of matchmaking and advanced search options
Go with OurTime for supportive online dating over 50.
Why choose EliteSingles?
EliteSingles puts a lot of work into the matches it makes, and that begins at signup, where you'll have to complete an extensive personality test.
- Personality test to help suggest the most compatible matches
- Simple and easy to use
- Every profile is checked manually before being approved
Start using EliteSingles for carefully thought-out match suggestions.
Why choose SilverSingles?
SilverSingles connects compatible singles over 50 who are serious about finding love and companionship.
- Highly-compatible matches based on personality test
- Easy-to-use site and app
- 24/7 customer support
Choose SilverSingles to start something new with someone special.
In the end, the best dating website is the one that meets your needs and has a user base that matches your interests. Choose from the best dating websites to find Mr. or Ms. Right.
The Best Dating Websites
If you’re using dating websites, you have so many sites to choose from that it can seem as perplexing as choosing a date. Here’s a simple guide to help you find the best platform for finding love online.
Should You Pay for a Dating Site?
On the one hand, a free dating site gives you access to more potential dates, since the lack of a price tag encourages more people to give it a try. On the other hand, having to pay means that users take finding a date more seriously. Paying for use helps weed out people who are lying, sketchy, or untrustworthy. Although obviously, you can't just rely on the entrance fee to screen matches. Paid sites are also more likely to put the time and effort into spotting and getting rid of fake profiles, misused profiles, and time-wasters.
Many dating sites work on a freemium basis, where you can get limited access to the site for free but have to pay to upgrade to extra features. For example, Zoosk and OurTime both let you set up a profile and browse other users for free, but you’ll have to pay to get in touch with possible dates, see who’s viewed your profile, and respond to messages. On Match.com you can create a profile, search users, send and receive ‘Winks’, and use some of its matching tools, but a paid user gets to exchange direct messages with other paid users, find out who has viewed their profile, and organize their search results. EliteSingles also permits free users to create a profile and use some of its matching tools but reserves the full set of features for paid members.
Freemium dating sites let you see if the site suits your needs before you put money into it, but also give you all the premium matching tools of a paid site. If you try out a site for free, you’ll know it’s time to upgrade to a paid membership when you want to get in touch with some of the people on the site.
What Makes a Good Dating Site?
Ultimately, what makes a dating site good is that it suits your needs. Here are some elements to look for in a dating site:
Pricing: Unless you’re using an entirely free site, the monthly cost may impact your decision. Look for a site with a transparent pricing model and compare what you get with the price of a similar dating site. Consider beginning with a 1-month contract so that you can cancel your membership easily if you find that it’s not for you.
Features: You can find any or all of the following features on a dating site.
- Personality tests to help the website make better matches
- Relationship readiness tests so that you can find out if you’re ready for a serious relationship
- Daily emails with a ‘match of the day’ or regular suggestions of members who share your interests or personality
- In-person events to help users mingle
- Casual online forums that give you the opportunity to connect with other users
- Cute flirting tools like sending winks, smiles, or direct messages
- Articles and tips about safe and successful online dating
Ease-of-use: Depending on how comfortable you are online, the site’s ease-of-use could be very important to you. Many dating websites offer apps so that you can search and browse from your phone. Options like swiping, saving profiles for later, and quickly sending a flirt or a message all make a difference to the site’s ease-of-use.
Support: You want a dating site that makes it easy to get in touch, both from a technical point of view and so that you can report another member who makes you feel uncomfortable. Some dating sites have customer support via phone, chat and email, while others may offer only one option for contact. Find out how and when you can get in touch with the site’s customer representatives.
Security: Online dating attracts all sorts of people. Look for a site that verifies new user profiles and checks up on misused profiles.
User base: Some sites are designed for a specific user base, so make sure you’re in the right place. OurTime, for example, is built for people over 50. Other sites may cater to the gay or lesbian communities. An online dating site is only going to be successful for you if you fit the user base. Look through the profiles and see if they seem to be roughly ‘your sort of people.'